Philadelphia, PA - Jet Wine Bar, Philadelphia’s ‘global vineyard,’ has quite the festive Mother’s Day brunch. Planned on Sunday, May 9, from 11 am – 4 pm, including sparkling wine and craft cocktails. A specialty menu served a la carte helmed by Black Celebrity Chef and Chopped Champion Gregory Headen, available at Jet Wine Garden, the wine bar’s adjacent outdoor oasis.
Jet Wine Bar Hosts Mother's Day Brunch with Guest Chef Gregory Headen
Chef Gregory Headen boasts an impressive culinary background. He was the last chef trained by the legendary Chef Georges Perrier of the famed Le Bec Fin and his role as Executive Chef of Perrier’s French restaurant. While there, Chef Headen received a two-bell review from acclaimed food critic Craig LaBan, and most recently, joined Starr Restaurants first as Chef at Jones for two years, then The Dandelion.
Chef Headen curated an elegant and delicious brunch menu for Moms and their loved ones on Mother’s Day with offerings such as the following:
- Brunch Burger ($21) – Funnel cake brioche bun, turkey bacon, turkey sausage, beef burger, sunny side up egg, and confectioners’ sugar
- Funnel Cake French Toast ($17) – Topped with fresh berries, summer berry compote, confectioners’ sugar, and bourbon whipped cream
- Frittata ($16) – Topped with caramelized onions, summer squash, heirloom tomatoes, served with petite salad.
- Baby Kale Salad ($14) – Apple batonnet, candied walnuts, pickled blueberries, and applesauce vinaigrette
- Coffee Cake ($10) – Topped with coffee anglaise
Imbibers are welcome to toast to the special occasion with a bevy of specialty wines by the glass or bottle, as well as craft wine-focused cocktails, including:
- Brut Rosé ($18 / $72) – McBride Sisters – Marlborough, New Zealand
- Field Blend Blanc De Blancs ($15 / $60) – Finke’s Widow – California
- Spumante Brut ($19 / $76) – Contratto ‘Millesimato’ – Piedmont, Italy
- Lambrusco ($17 / $68) – Pietra Scura – Emilia-Romagna, Italy
- Champagne ($90 bottle) – Dehu – Champagne, France
- Classic Mimosa ($9 glass / $27 pitcher) – Prosecco and orange juice
- Brunch Bellini ($9 glass / $27 pitcher) – Prosecco and peach puree
- Berry Spritzer ($9 glass / $27 pitcher) – Sparkling rosé and mixed berry puree