Philadelphia, PA - With Valentine's Day coming once a year, we wanted to gauge your interest in a story about American spending habits around the romantic holiday, the topic of a recent survey conducted by Finder.com, a personal finance comparison and education site.
The survey, which polled over 3,000 Americans, covered a ton of interesting data points, including how much people spend and the differences in spending based by state, length of relationship and gender. It also looked at secret spending, where a partner knowingly hides purchases from their significant other. If you're interested, I'd be happy to share the findings, some of which includes:
- Respondents in Kansas spent the most on their partners on Valentine's Day, with an average spend of $117, followed by Nevada ($112), Idaho ($111), North Dakota ($108), Hawaii ($102), Arkansas ($93), Virginia ($87), Florida ($83), California and South Carolina ($82).
- The states that spent least on their Valentine were New Hampshire ($31) and South Dakota, Delaware, Maine, Vermont, Wyoming and Kentucky (all $36).
- 34% of Americans plan to celebrate Valentine's Day by going to a restaurant
- Those who are in 2 to a 5-year relationship will get the highest valued gifts
- Married couples were the most likely not to buy a gift at all
- 30% of Americans have hidden purchases from their loved ones
Also, Read... Philly Bite Magazines Top Beer Articles
Citywide Specials in Philadelphia - In Philly, the “CityWide Special” is served at most dive bars, and consists of a shot of whiskey and a beer sold together at a discount price
Cocktail Bars In Philly - Philadelphia has its fair share of great Cocktail Bars and Taverns, from Stylish American Eateries to Restic Taverns.
Bars and Taverns in West Chester - West Chester University of Pennsylvania, a public university located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 20 miles west of Philadelphia.