Philadelphia, PA - Bold Women & Beer, an association of distinguished women in Philadelphia’s beer industry and members of the regional chapter of The Pink Boots Society, will get together for Philadelphia’s very first woman-driven beer festival on Saturday, May 4th from 1 pm to 4 pm at Love City Brewing Company.
The festival commemorates women in the brewing world with beer samples from 30+ breweries, tasty bites from Philly-based food trucks together with musical entertainment from 4 women-fronted rock bands. Also, it produces a fun platform for networkers, interested learners and experienced insiders, while 100% of profits will be given to the Philadelphia Area Chapter Scholarship Fund to teach Pink Boots Society's members.
“We are thrilled to host the first woman-centered beer festival in Pennsylvania considering Philly has continuously become known for its beer and women who are active in the Craft Beer Scene,” said Erin Wallace, Chapter Co-President of the Pink Boots Society and proprietor of Devil’s Den and The Old Eagle Tavern.
A little over 30 breweries will be participating and proud to present custom beer varieties, and this includes new creations brewed for the event in collaboration with The Pink Boots Society:
- Love City Brewing: “Smash It Up Saison” – Fruity and light Dry Ale
- Tannery Run Brew Works: “Premier Pink Pale Ale” – Pale Ale with Pink Boots’ hop blend
- Cape May Brewing Company: “Maybe She’s Brewed With It” – Mango cherry Sour Ale
- Eight & Sand Beer Company: “This Beer Is Boysen” – Fruity Sour Ale with boysenberry
- Free Will Brewing Company: “Bold Bubbles” – Brut IPA with dragon fruit powder
- Stoudt’s Brewing Company: “Queen of Hops #1670” – Special Brut IPA
- Naked Brewing Company: “Pearl’s Boots” – Cream Ale with local malt, honey, hibiscus & Pink Boots hop blend
- Wallenpaupack Brewing Company: “Pink Bruts Society” – Brut IPA with Pink Boots’ hop blend and hibiscus
- Evergrain Brewing Company & Selin’s Grove Brewery: “Trois Fleurs” – Saison with rose hips, hibiscus and Pink Boot’s hop blend
In addition to the beer, attendees are encouraged to stroll Love City Brewing’s outdoor spaces, as well as take pleasure in tasty bites such as sliders from Stuff, ’d Buns, Southern comfort food from Royalzarasa and Thai specialties from Flaming Basil. While the food options are pay as you go, the live performances are included in the tickets. DJ Boo Boo from Toasted Walnut, Ma’am, Resilient, PJ Brown & Her Resistance and Stinking Lizveta look forward to rocking the crowd and making the first Bold Women & Beer festival in Pennsylvania an unforgettable experience.
“Love City Brewing is a majority women-owned company, so supporting women in the beer industry is very important to us. We hope that hosting it at our brewery will lead to more people coming and more money being raised,” said Melissa Walter, Co-Founder of Love City Brewing Company.
Tickets are available for $45 at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bold-women-beer-festival-tickets-58375932987 and include an exclusive Bold Women & Beer keepsake tasting glass for guests to take home. More information at https://www.boldwomenandbeer.com/.