Philadelphia, PA - The city of Philadelphia has grit; both literally (i.e., our nation’s most awesome mascot) and figuratively (maybe we’re a little rough around the edges, but we always seem to come out on top). With the Flyer’s Home Opener Game on 10/9, below are a few of the Philly’s Best Sports Bars to Kick off Hockey Season!
Philly’s Best Sports Bars to Kick off Flyers Season
- Brickwall Tavern, Located in the heart of downtown Center City, Brickwall Tavern, is a spacious restaurant and bar that serves up delicious American cuisine alongside an expansive beer and cocktail selection. This space features Multiple bars, roomy red vinyl banquettes, and plenty of TVs. Game-day fan favorites such as Buffalo Wings, Chips & Dip, and Mac & Cheese, beer specials, IPA buckets, and specialty cocktail carafes. 1213 Sansom St, Philadelphia, P.A.
- Xfinity Live!, With multiple dining and event venues, there is something for every sports fan at Xfinity Live! Located in the Wells Fargo Center, this expansive space offers a wide variety of game day finger-foods, beers, and specialty cocktails such as the “The Broad Street Boulevardier” made with Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire Whisky with sweet vermouth and a twist of orange. 1100 Pattison Ave, Philadelphia, P.A.
- Fishtown Brewpub, Where better to watch the Flyers season opener than a BrewPub? Not only does their drink menu offer a variety of tasty hand-crafted beers, but their food is also to-die-for with options such as Whit Wiz Fries, BrewPub Cheesesteak, and even Prosciutto Flatbread. 1101 Frankford Ave, Philadelphia, P.A.
- Field House, With over 35+ HDTVs and a multitude of food and drink options to choose from, Field House is the perfect spot to grab a beer and a few friends to watch the game. Located inside of the Philadelphia Convention Center, this venue gets a lot of foot traffic. 1150 Filbert St, Philadelphia, P.A.
- McGillin’s Old Ale House, Renowned as the oldest continuously operating tavern in Philadelphia, McGillin’s knows how to do game days right. With over 30 beers on draft as well as the Freezin’ Flyer Fantinis during games, this sports bar is one of the city’s best places to enjoy game day. 1310 Drury St, Philadelphia, P.A.
For sports news and updates on the National Hockey League and other Major League Sports check out the ROYAL VEGAS CANADA BLOG for the latest on the return of NHL Hockey.
Written By: Philly Bite Magazines Staff
Philadelphia Best Of Series consists of round-up of the best places to find great food, entertainment, and more in Philly.
Best Philadelphia Hockey Bars
Also, Read... Philly Bite Magazines Top Beer Articles
Citywide Specials in Philadelphia - In Philly, the “CityWide Special” is served at most dive bars, and consists of a shot of whiskey and a beer sold together at a discount price
Cocktail Bars In Philly - Philadelphia has its fair share of great Cocktail Bars and Taverns, from Stylish American Eateries to Restic Taverns.
Bars and Taverns in West Chester - West Chester University of Pennsylvania, a public university located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, 20 miles west of Philadelphia.