Philadelphia, PA - For the first time since 2013, the James Beard Foundation’s Taste America event series will be making its way to Philadelphia to celebrate the city’s local culinary talent at the Museum of the American Revolution.
One of PhillyBite Magazines: "Philadelphia Top Must Attend Foodie Events". kicks off with a VIP Reception hosted by Chef Guillermo Pernot of Cuba Libra Restaurant & Rum Bar, followed by a cocktail & tasting reception featuring Chef Richard Landau (Vedge, V Street, Wiz Kid), Chef Nicholas Elmi (Laurel), Chef Scott Anderson (Mistral, elements), Chef Camille Cogswell (Zahav) and Chef Nate Horwtiz (Morimoto Philadelphia). Following the reception, guests will be treated to a four-course seated dinner featuring courses by Chef Jean-Marie Lacrox (Brulee Catering), Local Star Chef Greg Vernick (Vernick Food & Drink, 2017 JBFA Best Chef: Mid-Atlantic Winner), All Star Marc Murphy (Lanmarc & Benchmarc Restaurants NY), and Pastry Chef Pat O’Malley (The Hungry Pigeon). The night concludes with an exclusive after party at Aqimero at the Ritz Carlton Hotel, hosted by Chef & Owner Richard Sandoval himself.
Special thanks to our local partners for making this event possible: Aqimero, Brulee Catering, Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar, the Philadelphia Department of Commerce, the Museum of the American Revolution, Visit Philadelphia, Buffalo Trace Bourbon, Dogfish Head Brewery, Evantine Design, Eventions Productions, Lo-Fi Aperitifs, Replica Creative, Sonesta Hotel Philadelphia, Stateside Urbancraft Vodka and Von Humboldt’s Natur Wasser.
2017 Event Menu:
VIP Reception Menu
Ceviche Bar by Chef Guillermo Pernot
- Foie Gras Torchon, Apple, Hickory, & Shiso CREATED BY SCOTT ANDERSON, ELEMENTS & MISTRAL, NJ; and MISTRAL KOP, KING OF PRUSSIA, PA
- Malabi Custard with Pomegranate - Black Tea Gelee, Fig, & Candied Almonds, and Figs CREATED BY CAMILLE COGSWELL, ZAHAV, PHILADELPHIA
- Cured Scallop with Sweet Corn, Sunflower and Preserved Truffle CREATED BY NICHOLAS ELMI, LAUREL, PHILADELPHIA
- Tuna Tataki with Ginger, Wasabi, Kalamansi, & Nori Crackers CREATED BY NATHANIEL HORWITZ, MORIMOTO, PHILADELPHIA
- Smoked Carrot Pate on Pumpernickel with Carrot Mustard CREATED BY RICHARD LANDAU, PHILADELPHIA
Seated 4 Course Dinner Menu
- 1st Course: Local Star Greg Vernick - Heart of Romaine with Figs, Grafton Village Cheese Aged Cheddar, and Buttermilk Vinaigrette
- 2nd Course: Host Chef Jean-Marie Lacroix - Charred Octopus with Smoked Fingerling Potatoes, Preserved Lemon, Guanciale, and Shellfish Vinaigrette
- 3rd Course: Taste America All-Star Marc Murphy - Braised Beef Short Ribs with Otto File Polenta, Broccoli Rabe, and Wild Mushrooms
- 4th Course: Pastry Chef Pat O’Malley - All the Apples Strudel with Crab Apple Marmalade and Crème Fraîche Ice Cream
- Premier Dining ticket - $300.00
- VIP Ticket - $450.00
- VIP Table for Ten (10) - $4,250.00
- Platinum All-Star table - $6,000.00
- After Party Only - $50.00