Philadelphia, PA - Wilson's Secret Sauce, Upper Darby, PA. I stopped by Wilson's Secret Sauce to talk to Kelly and Steve about the secret project I am working on. Holy mackerel!! First, Steve smacks on the left side of my head with a double Secret Co-branded Bar-B-Que sauce he's working on.
Spoiler alert; it is fantastic. Then POW while I am still in shock and awe from his first secret project, he smacks me on the right side of my head with an Impossible meat cheesesteak.
Before I get to the impossible cheesesteak, let's talk about the important stuff.
- Steve Wilson's big nasty former mechanic's hands make some tender BBQ and sweet sauce.
- Wilson's Secret Sauce, aka Kelly and Steve, are amazing civic-minded give back to the community in every fiber of their being responsible corporate citizens.
- BYOB. If you don't like BYOB, it's your problem.
- Amazing menu. They don't stop at the BBQ. Grilled cauliflower. Plenty of vegan and vegetable choices. Steve lost me at cauliflower, so you have to look at their menu online.
- The Desserts. Get one. Eat it. Love it. Then ask Kelly or Steve about their relationship with their dessert maker, Awesomeness!
- The Impossible cheesesteak. Yes, a Cheesesteak made with impossible meat.
The first thing I loved about this cheesesteak was the excellent 'I can't believe it is an Amoroso roll' roll. The next was there was the right amount of Impossible meat tasting like meat, and seasoned to perfection.
Wilson's Secret Sauce, Upper Darby, PA Youtube Review
Steve's house-made cheese sauce is terrific. The cheese sauce is melted through every micro millimeter of this cheesesteak. As if all this wonderfulness wasn't enough.
The cheesesteak comes with some Wilson's Secret Sauce for dipping. I was very sad the next day when I opened my leftovers container, and there was no Wilson's secret sauce.
Philadelphia Cheesesteak Adventure at Wilson's Secret Sauce eating an Impossible Cheesesteak. 265 E Township Line Rd, Upper Darby, PA.
About the Author:
"I'm Jim Pappas from Philadelphia Cheesesteak Adventure. I've eaten over 600 different cheesesteaks in "Two Years". Call The Philadelphia Cheesesteak Adventure podcast and let's talk cheesesteaks, 732-228-3140.