Philadelphia, PA - (November 1, 2017) – Red Owl Tavern has set an awe-inspiring goal for itself during the month of November — with its Month of 1000 Pies — for every pie sold, the Old City restaurant on Independence Mall will donate a pie to Philabundance — the local nonprofit devoted to driving hunger from Philadelphia and Delaware Valley region, starting Wednesday, November 1 through Thanksgiving Day, November 23.
Freshly baked apple streusel and pumpkin pies are accessibly priced at $15 each or two for $25. Philadelphians can order pies in advance by calling Red Owl Tavern or pick up pies at the Grab ‘N’ Go in the front of the restaurant. Additionally, guests who order a slice of pie for dessert will enjoy knowing half the proceeds from the dessert will go to Philabundance.
- Who: All people that care about feeding those in need
- What: Red Owl Tavern’s Month of 1000 Pies
- Where: Red Owl Tavern, located at the corner of 5th St. & Chestnut St.
- When: November 1 to 23
- Why: For every pie purchased, another pie will be donated to Philabundance.
- How: Call Red Owl Tavern at 215-923-2267 to place an order or come into the restaurant and pick up pies at the Grab ‘N’ Go.
“It’s become our holiday annual tradition here at Red Owl Tavern to continue to add new and delicious elements to this rewarding program to help even more people who are hungry and in need at this otherwise warm and wonderful time of year,” said Red Owl Tavern Executive Chef Caitlin Mateo.
Red Owl Tavern A Modern American Restaurant - is a modern American restaurant and bar perched on the corner of 5th and Chestnut Streets in Philadelphia’s Old City neighborhood. Directly across from Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell, Red Owl’s menu is described as rustic, with an emphasis on seasonal flavors.