Philadelphia, PA - In celebration of the forthcoming Septuagennial (70 year anniversary) of Joe’s Steaks + Soda Shop, previously known as "Chink’s Steaks", the cheesesteak shop is giving respect to other legendary Philadelphia foods by simply promoting a revolving monthly menu of local specialty foods.
The mash-ups offer, a cheesesteak sandwiched in between two Honey Glazed Donuts from Federal Donuts, a Termini Bro’s Cannoli Milkshake, a Kielbasa cheesesteak boasting Port Richmond’s coveted Czerw’s Kielbasa, a Stock’s pound cake cheesesteak – which kind of is exactly what it seems like, tasty hand-cut rib-eye wedged in between two dense slices of Stock’s pound cake, and a Butterscotch Krimpet Tastykake Milkshake.
The unique cheesesteaks are available to you every Tuesday at both locations on a limited, while supplies last basis — at the same time the milkshakes will be around all month-long. For a calendar of the featured foods, be sure to see the following.
- May, 2018 - Birch Beer Milkshake featuring Little Baby’s Ice Cream ($7.40)
- June, 2018 - Donut Cheesesteak featuring two honey glazed donuts from Federal Donuts ($9.25)
- July, 2018 - Why I Love Philly Milkshake featuring a custom ice cream flavor from Little Baby’s Ice Cream -- Peanut Chews, Tastykakes, and Pretzels ($7.40)
- August, 2018 - Cherry Water Ice Milkshake featuring water ice from John’s Water Ice ($6.50)
- September, 2018 - Coffee Milkshake featuring La Colombe Coffee Roasters topped with Tastykake mini donuts ($7.40)
- October, 2018 - Pretzel Cheesesteak featuring a pretzel bun from Lost Bread Co. ($9.25)
- November, 2018 - Scrapple Cheesesteak – served with Scrapple, rib-eye, American cheese, and onions ($6.75 for a small/$9.25 for a large)
- December, 2018 - Cannoli Milkshake featuring Termini Brothers Bakery ($7.40)
- January, 2019 - Kielbasa Cheesesteak featuring Czerw’s Kielbasy ($6.75 for a small/$9.25 for a large)
- February, 2019 - Chocolate-Covered Potato Chip Milkshake featuring Herr’s potato chips ($6.50)
- March, 2019 - Pound Cake Cheesesteak featuring Stock’s Bakery ($9.25)
- April, 2019 - Butterscotch Krimpet Milkshake made with Tastykakes ($6.50)