Passyunk Square -Philadelphia, PA: Sometime in May, the former Atlantic Pizza location (Closed in December after 30 years) on 12th and Reed Streets will be re-opened at The Tasty, making it South Philly's first vegan diner.
When the old neighborhood hangout Atlantic Pizza (1401 S. 12th St) closed last year after more then 30 years of serving up local pizza, a longtime Passyunk Square tradition was lost. That is when Sofia Baltopoulos, Ben Pierce, and Kate Hiltz made the decision to re-open the restaurant as a vegan diner. The Tasty is hoping to re-open in the tradition of the Atlantic as place to hang out, maybe grab a nice cup of coffee and continue to be a place for regulars of the South Philly area to continue to enjoy.
- Philly's Guide to The Pennsport & East Passyunk Neighborhoods
- East Passyunk Avenue 10 Best Foodie Streets In America
- Italy Meets Canada at Noir Restaurant in East Passyunk
- British Bakery Opening in East Passyunk
- Laurel Restaurant Opening on East Passyunk Avenue