Philadelphia, PA - With the latest focus on all-natural, high-quality ingredients, and enhanced tastes, frozen sweets have really advanced past the wooden stick. So, why has it taken Philadelphian's till now to discover the enjoyments of gelato?
Truth be told there's absolutely no justification for submitting to the Mr. Softie truck on the corner when you can treat yourself to less caloric and flavorful gelato. The following are a couple of tantalizing cold confections found in and around Philly.
- Gran Caffe L'Aquila - Known for its Italian gelato & coffee to house-cured meats & wine in a bi-level space. 1716 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103
- Anthony's Italian Coffee & Chocolate House - Petite Italian Market cafe is a well-known outlet for gelato and cappuccino. 903-905 S 9th St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
- NONNO'S Gelato & Italian Ice - classic gelato flavors as well as new and exciting flavors of Gelato, using only the best ingredients. 12355 Academy Rd, Philadelphia, PA 19154
- Varallo Brothers Bakery – Homemade gelato served in an old-school bakery known for making traditional Italian pastries, cookies, cannoli & bread. 1639 S 10th St, Philadelphia, PA 19148
- La Bella Dolce Italia - A little authentic Italian gem in the heart of South Street, known for its artisan gelato. 628 South St, Philadelphia, PA 19147
Written By: Philly Bite Magazines Staff
Philadelphia Best Of Series consists of round-up of the best places to find great food, entertainment and more in Philly.